Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birds.

I don't really like the idea of a "themed" wedding. Fairy tale, Disney, hearts, whatever. In fact, I hate it when people do that.

And here I am, using birds every chance I get. The Save the Date magnets have birds. The invitations have birds. The decorations are going to include birds. I even want a dove pendant from Tiffany's for the wedding. Mind you, I found it on some other site for $40 and I would never pay full price, but still, dove! Bird! Is this a theme? What constitutes a theme?

And will I look back on it in 15 years and go "Oh, how horrible was that?" Will my kids, God forbid I ever pop any out, laugh? Will I really even CARE if they do? Doubtful.

I love birds though. I just do. I love their grace and beauty, their freedom, their uniformity, their colors. And there so much damn bird crap out right now and it's all adorable.

Think I'll do it either way. Yeah, why not.

No comments: